Resources to Help in the Midst of COVID-19
Please revisit this page often for updates and additional resources.
NEW! Register for a bi-monthly job search webinar.
Keep in TOUCH
Enjoy the short Christ Church Touchpoint broadcast on Facebook LIVE, each weekday at 6:45 p.m. or click the link above to review past broadcasts. Each Touchpoint contains a brief devotion, prayer, and bit of news from our church, presented by Dan Meyer or one of our other pastoral leaders.
What opportunity does the present season provide me in the area of worship? With my family? With my small group? With my neighborhood? How can I keep my heart connected closely with God so I live out of His grace and wisdom during this challenging time?
Worship Weekly with your Church Family
- Participate in weekly Online Church Services
- Deepen your Faith@Home with our Family Ministry Resources.
- Remember who you are worshipping and what He promises through these Scriptural Reminders.
- Join us for our 15-Minute Prayer Break each day from 12:30-45 pm on Zoom.
What opportunity does this change in my daily rhythm provide me, my family, my small group, or neighborhood in terms of spiritual growth? How can I use this period of time to grow more fully into the character of Christ?
Experiment with Some Soul-Training Practices
- Read the Scripture texts for each week's sermon several times, asking God to open your heart, mind, and soul to His life-giving Word.
- Study the Bible for yourself using this How to Study the Bible Resource
- Pray each morning, midday, and evening. In this way orient each part of your day to God's presence. Pray knowing that hundreds of others from Christ Church are joining you. 20 Prayers
- Journal the thoughts and feelings within you with a sensitivity to God's movement and activity in each day. Let this be a form of prayer for you. Consider sharing insights given with others.
- Meditate on God's presence with you throughout the day using the Prayer of Examen.
- Walk throughout your neighborhood or park using our Prayer Path Guide.
- Explore this rich library of Spiritual Formation Resources from our mission partner, Fuller Theological Seminary.
- NEW! Connect with God using this helpful resource.
- NEW! Challenge yourself in prayer each morning.
Find Valuable Equipment for Life
- Reflect on the weekly sermon message, personally or with your family or small group, using our Sermon Study Guides.
- Listen to recent or real-time teachings from:
- Learn from the rich media resources of our Family Ministry Collection.
- Watch RightNowMedia.org -- the "Netflix of Christian Content." To obtain a free membership, email Diana Stout.
- NEW! Register for a bi-monthly job search webinar.
Interact with your Partners on the Journey
- Visit our Grow Ministry Facebook Page to connect with church friends and family.
- Connect with your Small Group (we'll soon be providing a link to a list of small groups who are utilizing Zoom)
- Pray with the Upper Room -- a faithful group which gathers every first and third Tuesday evening from 7:00-8:00 pm using Zoom.
CARE & SERVE Resources
What opportunity does this crisis provide me to serve others with my time, talents, and resources? How can I be the hands and feet of Jesus and make the Kingdom of God more visible? Where can I find help if I need it?
Get Emotional or Practical Assistance
- Get help by calling 630.321.3936, contacting our Pastoral Care office online, or emailing help@ChristChurch.us.
Give Help to Others
- Volunteer yourself to pray for others, make phone calls, or serve in some other way by writing to help@ChristChurch.us.
- Practice the One Another's of genuine Christian community.
- Pray through our Domestic Missions Booklet, remembering the needs of our mission partners nearby and around the world.
Ensure that Christ Church Remains Solvent and Strong
- Support Christ Church by giving online or sending your gifts to the church. Your generosity, especially now, determines how we keep ministering to people and support our mission partners going forward. We sincerely need you. Thanks for BEING the Church!
Brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord’s people. (2 Corinthians 8:1-4)
Prayer & Support
We are Here to Help
Please connect with one of our pastors at help@ChristChurch.us or by calling 630.321. 3949.
Additional resources can be found at ChristChurch.us/care.
Share your Journey
To share a story of celebration with us and others on how God has moved in your life,
email us at stories@ChristChurch.us.