Intern at Christ Church!
Be a Part of the Story
Thank you for your interest in our Early Childhood, Children, and Student Ministry Summer Internships! Christ Church is looking for individuals who are ready for an adventure. We need people who are passionate about serving kids and students and ultimately, Jesus Christ.
A summer internship at Christ Church is life-changing and rewarding, but also intense and tiring. Interns must be committed to God and the church. Each individual must be teachable and eager to grow. They must be willing to build relationships and have a love for children and adolescents. Interns must be ready to serve without recognition, be intentional about communication, and step into servant leadership roles over peers and adults. Interns must be good stewards of church resources. Flexibility and resourcefulness are key as interns encounter many unplanned and unexpected situations.
We desire interns who are willing to do what it takes to get the job done and who will honor God by giving their best. Most of all, we want our interns to live out our mission: Be like Jesus.
Summary of Position:
This intern shall assist in the leadership alongside the ministry team professional staff, ‘to go into all the world as witnesses of the life-changing love of Jesus Christ; making communities of disciples who worship, grow and serve.’ Interns will join the ministry team that they are serving and contribute to the worship, programming, and administrative needs. The job will include helping to carry out the vision for Early Childhood, Children’s, Middle School, and High School Ministries. Interns will plan schedules, perform administrative duties of the ministries, and interact with volunteers, parents, children, and students. Interns must be willing to learn and grow into the ministry to which God has called them. This position requires interns to be flexible, administratively-minded, ministry-focused, organized, and have great interpersonal skills. Furthermore, interns need to be able to work well on a team of people.
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be a believer in the ministry of the local church.
- Must have completed two years of college for Middle School and High School positions.
- Must have completed one year of college for Early Childhood and Children’s positions.
- Be willing to dedicate their summer (generally end of May to the beginning of August) to the internship.
- Love for Christ and kids.
- Be exploring a call to ministry.
The internship will begin on or around June 2, 2019 and will conclude early to mid August, unless other arrangements are made. A “typical” workweek is Sunday–Thursday (40 hours per week). If there are conflicts in your summer schedule, please inform us of specific dates when you apply. A “calendar covenant” will be agreed upon by intern and supervisor at the time the internship begins.
Each intern will receive $3,500 for the summe, pro-rated for the length of the internship.
This intern reports to their assigned ministry professional staff.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement weekly programs.
- Plan and implement special events (mission projects, camps, outreach experiences).
- Attend and participate in ministry training and team-building events.
- Teaching and creative writing duties - as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Creative hanging-out with students (this could include some evenings and weekends).
- Administrative office duties (calling, e-mailing, copying, folding, envelope-stuffing)
- Shop for trips, retreats and special events.
- Equip, encourage and empower volunteer staff when the opportunity arises.