Intern at Christ Church!
Be a Part of the Story
Thank you for your interest in our Early Childhood, Children, and Student Ministry Summer Internships! Christ Church is looking for individuals who are ready for an adventure. We need people who are passionate about serving kids and students and ultimately, Jesus Christ.
A summer internship at Christ Church is life-changing and rewarding, but also intense and tiring. Interns must be committed to God and the church. Each individual must be teachable and eager to grow. They must be willing to build relationships and have a love for children and adolescents. Interns must be ready to serve without recognition, be intentional about communication, and step into servant leadership roles over peers and adults. Interns must be good stewards of church resources. Flexibility and resourcefulness are key as interns encounter many unplanned and unexpected situations.
We desire interns who are willing to do what it takes to get the job done and who will honor God by giving their best. Most of all, we want our interns to live out our mission: Be like Jesus.
To provide support for the middle school and high school ministries.
- Works with the student ministry team to prepare content for weekly youth group gatherings
- Offers pastoral care and support for students in the middle and high school ministries
- Rotates with other members of the student ministry team for teaching/ preaching in large group student services
- Small group leadership
- Works with student ministry leaders to help provide oversight to middle school, high school, and young adult ministries on both campuses
- Works with student ministry leaders to help provide oversight to student camps, retreats, and service trips
- Assist with volunteer recruiting, coordinating, and leadership development
- Partners with the student team to brainstorm & develop thoughtful teaching series as well as engaging camp and retreat teaching content
- Ensure that weekly and special event programming is executed with the proper human and physical resources
- Become familiarized with our administrative program and assist with organizational tasks
Support and model individual spiritual formation (i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve) through weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading, small group interaction, volunteering/service, etc.
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Integrity for work habits and results.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Able to keep a high degree of confidentiality.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Approachable and accessible.
SKILLS & TALENTS
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Superior organizational, logistical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining high standards of work quality.
- Ability to coordinate and implement communications strategies and to manage projects and/or events.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Begin and end projects within a reasonable timeframe.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who sees the big picture.
- Team builder who builds relationships and manages by influence.
- Energized by non-routine assignments.
- Creative and innovative.