Christ Church Food & Supplies Drive 2021
Food & Supplies Drive 2021
With the COVID-19 pandemic well into its second year, food insecurity in the United States continues to set new record highs. Coping with lost income, many families in our community are struggling to pay rent and put food on the table.You can help by providing vital food and essentials through the Christ Church Food Drive, which supplies our Christ Church Food Pantry ministry and our Domestic Mission Partners. In addition to ministering to clients' physical needs each month, the Food Pantry team provides spiritual and emotional support by distributing Bibles and other Christian materials, as well as praying personally with the clients.
Butterfield Curbside Drop-off: Our collections are ongoing. You are welcome to drop items off at your convenience at our Butterfield campus - Door 1. As you enter our parking lot, you will see a cart near the entrance to the building that is clearly marked “Thank you for your donations.” Please leave all items on the cart or in a box beside the cart so volunteers can pick them up and sort them at regular intervals throughout the day.
Ready to Help? Shop for items from the lists below to serve God's people in need.
Food and Home Supplies:
The need for food and home essentials continues, so it is our hope to provide every client with one of each of the following:
- Peanut Butter
- Granola/Fruit Snacks
- Pasta Sauce
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
Special Holiday Drive Items:
- Boxes/Bags of Stuffing
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Cranberries/Cranberry Sauce
- Canned Gravy
- Instant potatoes
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Pumpkin
- Bread, Muffin or other boxed baking mixes
- Corn Bread Mix
- Please try to avoid glass items.
- There are a variety of opportunities for glass to break between the drive and the Food Pantry! When possible, please choose plastic containers.
- Please try to choose items in ‘average’ sizes rather than bulk sizes.
- Smaller sizes help us distribute food more evenly between families. A couple of "average sized" peanut butters are better than one giant jar.
- Thank you for your help in making the Food Drive and Food Pantry more efficient and more fruitful each month!
Clothing Donations: PAUSED
Due to increased supply in recent months, clothing donations are temporarily paused at both of our Christ Church locations. Please contact Peter Celauro at 630. 321.6751 or pcelauro@ChristChurch.us for further details. Thank you for your generosity!
For details about our Christmas Shoebox program, please visit christchurch.us/shoebox.
The Christ Church Food Pantry Team partners with the Salvation Army Food Pantry to meet the nutritional, clothing and spiritual needs of people in the DuPage County area.
Interested in Serving at the Food Pantry? Click here.