Christ Church Food Drive 2021
Food Drive: Q1 2021 | January 1 — March 31, 2021
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Christ Church Butterfield | 2S361 Glen Park Rd., Lombard
In July 2020, nearly 30 million Americans told the Census Bureau they didn't have enough to eat. As the COVID-19 pandemic wears on, new estimates point to some of the worst rates of food insecurity in the United States in years. A recent Northwestern study found that food insecurity among households with children has more than tripled to 29.5%. School lunch programs were already struggling to meet rising demand before the pandemic. With COVID-19 now keeping children out of school, many don't have access to school lunches at all.
Care for the hungry in our community with the Food Pantry Team!
You can make an impact by providing much-needed food and essentials through the Christ Church Food Drive, which will supply the Salvation Army/Christ Church Food Pantry ministry. In addition to ministering to clients' physical needs each month, the Food Pantry team provides spiritual and emotional support by distributing Bibles and other Christian materials — and praying personally with the clients.
Food Drive Drop-off Schedule:
January 1 — March 31, 2021
9:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m.
Food Drive Drop-off Location:
Christ Church Butterfield
2S361 Glen Park Rd, Lombard, IL 60148
Note: There is NO DROP-OFF or collection of food at the Oak Brook campus at this time.
Curbside Drop-off: As you enter our parking lot, you will see a cart near the entrance to the building that is clearly marked “Thank you for your donations.” Please leave all items on the cart or in a box beside the cart so volunteers can pick them up and sort them at regular intervals throughout the day.
Ready to Help? Shop for items from the lists below to serve God's people in need.
Target Items for our February Food Pantry (2/13/20):
- Pancake Mix
- NEW! Bottled Juice: Non-glass containers and shelf-stable (does not need to be refrigerated)
Other Items we Currently Need:
- Minute Rice
- Hamburger Helper
- Tooth Paste
- Kid’s Snacks
- Instant Oatmeal
- Granola Bars
- Boxed Stuffing or Potatoes
- Canned or Dry Beans
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
Items we do NOT need at this time:
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned Veggies
- Canned Soup
- Bread Mixes
- Cake Mixes
- Please try to avoid glass items.
- There are a variety of opportunities for glass to break between the drive and the Food Pantry! When possible, please choose plastic containers.
- Please try to choose items in ‘average’ sizes rather than bulk sizes.
- Smaller sizes help us distribute food more evenly between families. A couple of "average sized" peanut butters are better than one giant jar.
- Thank you for your help in making the Food Drive and Food Pantry more efficient and more fruitful each month!
The Christ Church Food Pantry Team partners with the Salvation Army Food Pantry to meet the nutritional, clothing and spiritual needs of people in the DuPage County area.
Interested in Serving at the Food Pantry? Click here.